Postagens Recentes

domingo, 26 de junho de 2005

Alice in Wonderland (Text in English)

“Nonsense !” – This was the first feeling I had when I started reading the book. Strange images, strange situations and weird characters.

“Off with his head!!” – Should the Queen say to me. The Alice´s story is a nice surprise.

In fact, this book tell us about wondering, teaching the reader that everything in this world is as questionable as in Alice´s dream. It was funny to realize that things change when you become bigger or smaller.It´s like when you grow up and start to see the world in a different way.You simply notice that nothing´s so big as you thought and that you´re smarter than many people you´ve met since you were a child.

Things change when you´re alone or in a noisy place. This book is not only about what happens in a child´s dream because anyone can try these feelings even here in the real world and I wonder if isn´t it true that everybody´s mad when get closer ??

I didn´t search for logic while I was inside Wonderland. I just followed Alice through her experiences and something there really made me remember my own childhood. I remembered the games I played and people I met but above all I remembered my dreams.

When I was a child I used to dream I was flying over a river, crossing it from one edge to another and there was nonsense in the landscape I could see around because it was a desert and I´ve never been to one.

The funniest stuff is that now that I´m an adult I still have strange dreams…who doesn´t ?

Reading Alice in Wonderland just brought me nice things: I knew many new words and expressions, I improved my English, yes…but the main thing was to travel with Alice through the rabbit hole and let myself fly away…becoming bigger or smaller to understand our worlds…hers and mine…that are only one in the end.

Nenhum comentário: